Saturday, May 25, 2013

So many things!

For this week's blog assignment we were supposed to write about something that we've learned about technology in the classroom (I think). Well I'd say that this has been a pretty productive week for me. I got through our first Google site assignment without any major hiccups, I started an RSS feed and posted some of the blogs I'm following here, and I redesigned my page. I'm feeling pretty accomplished! On top of that, I presented the third chapter of Dr. Curtis Bonk's book with my group using Prezi. Although I have used Prezi a few times before, I have never used it for group collaboration and I think it worked really well. Prezi Meeting is available with the free subscription and allows multiple people to work in the space at the same time. The only downside is that the free subscription means that all of your Prezis are public, so you have to be careful of what you're putting out there. Otherwise, I think that it's a great tool for us, since we all have such hectic schedules, but it also has potential in the classroom.

On another note, with all of us working on our infographics, I wanted to share a few things I've found. I read about http://www.everystockphoto.com/ on the Free Technology for Teachers blog and I think it would be a great resource. It's a search engine for public domain and Creative Commons pictures and it pulls images from a bunch of web sources when you search. When you click on an image, you are taken to a larger version of it, complete with a link to the source and the requirements for using that picture. I also stumbled upon http://infogr.am/ which is a free infographic creation tool!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great resources! I had not heard of everystockphoto before, but have definitely come across the problem of finding a great photo for a presentation only to realize it's from a stock photo site and I can't use it without paying. This will be really helpful not only for the infographic projcet, but also future use.

    ReplyDelete